It’s great fun to own a sports store. You get to see, sample and order all of the latest sports gear and you learn so much about different sports like golfing, sailing, cycling and more. And every time your new inventory arrives, it’s almost like you are receiving a Christmas gift. Getting new stock is probably one of the most exciting parts about owning a sports store. But not everything about owning your own sport store is fantastic. One of the biggest downsides is trying to make payroll while your store is at its busiest. Clients are constantly buzzing in and out and you have to manage chaos on the floor while trying to keep your head with the difficult payroll. You might soon think of hiring a personal payroll clerk but you couldn’t be more wrong in thinking that.
Payroll clerks are expensive
One of the biggest reasons why you shouldn’t hire a payroll clerk is due to the expense. Most payroll clerks are incredibly expensive and to be honest, there isn’t that much work to keep them busy all month long. You only need their services when your company is nearing payday.
You could be putting your business at risk
Giving a personal payroll clerk access to your business accounts is risky. Yes, paper leaves big trails that can give you clues on whether you are scammed but some people are incredibly cunning and can easily hide away the fact that they might secretly be robbing your company.
Yes, you still need a professional to do your payroll
Well, you cannot really get to your payroll yourself and hiring a payroll clerk is probably not the best idea for your sports store. So what can you do? The solution is simple. You can simply outsource the payroll work to a payroll company who can do everything for you professionally.
What a good payroll company can do for you
A good payroll company can do a lot for your business. Payroll services mostly include the following;
- Payroll companies will do all the calculations for salaries and deductions like medical aid for you.
- They will check the amount of leave days, sick days or off days for each employee and calculate the salary accordingly.
- Payroll companies can do all of the payments on your behalf and they are incredibly accurate and timely.
- They will supply you with professional pay slips that employees can use to see how their salaries are calculated and that they can use for applications for personal loans and personal accounts.
- Payroll companies can process your payroll with the same software that your company is comfortable to use.
- You don’t have to visit their office to get your payroll done. Everything can be electronically transferred so you can have more time for yourself and your business.
- Employees can check online and apply online for annual leave or check their leave balances on their virtual pay slips.
Payroll companies don’t have access to your personal company bank accounts which keeps your company as safe and secure as possible.…